View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 01:37 PM
quilting.addict

Originally Posted by orangeroom
I feel your pain about the binding. I decided a long time ago that after I had all the materials cut for the top and backing, I'd cut, sew, iron and store the binding material. It's worked well as I'm still in that 'go, go, go mentality!' Then when I come home from quilting the layers I sit down that day and machine sew on the binding. I look forward to hand sewing on the back side of the binding while watching tv.

I despise having to use the seem ripper when I've messed up and sewn something wrong.
Wow, that is amazing....I could have written this comment...why do I ever think I have a unique plan in my head when there are thousands of you out there doing it the same way!! But it does make me smile to see I am in good company. Yeah, having that binding ready to go (I even have mine wound up on my toilet paper necklace) makes a big difference. and yes, the back side of a binding takes me one to two movies, depending on the size of the quilt.
Just do it!! you know you're so happy when your finished sewing it to the front!! :thumbup: