View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 01:42 PM
Geri B

Originally Posted by Glassquilt
Originally Posted by Geri B
In what I consider "modern" the patterns often have large pieces to accomodate the larger, bolder florals, for example, and the pieces are often put together in such a way that it is sometimes difficult to discern the actual piecing. Colors/patterns are bolder and color combos are quite mixed. Some are very striking, but I have seen some in magazines that I have to wonder about...
If I were a betting person, I'd bet that some quilt kits are put together by the fabric manufacture just to sell their product. Some combinations have NO appeal to me at all - none what so ever.
I notice in the magazines lately that the fab mfgr is mentioned along with the name of the fabric "group", so I am guessing the "designers" of these mag quilts must have some sort of deal with the mfgr. What confuses me on some of them is it will list (for example) Sally Slow-Designer, Jane Junk-Made by/Pieced by, and then Machine Quilted by whomever.......lots of free advertising there....I know as a LA myself, a few years ago we battled to be acknowledged as the quilters in the magazines and have won that one apparently. I wonder if just anyone can request a pack of a new release fabric for a quilt idea or how does that work...wouldn't that be interesting.