View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 01:48 PM
marknfran

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I am curious to know if anyone has any thoughts on the quality of fabrics made outside the USA. I was looking at a bolt yesterday and it said Made in Korea. What should I be looking for as far as quality is concerned?

I usually look to see if it is see through and if it stretches. I also didn't like some I got that had a slickness to it. I have been much more careful since then to make sure it is 100% cotton.

But are there other considerations when looking at something not American made? I like to support American made products but don't go overboard on the idea that I can't buy it if it wasn't made here.

I would just like to know if anyone has had any experiences with this.
I was told some time back that the fabrics are all made outside of the USA due to polution regulations. They can still print fabric some of the places, but the fabric itself is made outside of our USA. If you are concerned about quality, you need to look at the fabric itself. You sometimes can find a print on high quality fabric and also the same print on a cheaper quality of fabric. Another way is to just ask.