Old 08-20-2011, 03:01 PM
Honeynga

I took a Beginner Class at LQS and was most disappointed. I was up front from the beginning that I had sewn for years but quilting was totally different for me. The only instruction I got was correction when I was doing something wrong. Was not a pleasant experience whatsoever. I won't take any more classes from this shop, but will look for other classes/instructors.

I'm pretty good at following directions since I taught myself to knit, crochet, needlepoint and cross stitch. One class that I took and learned a lot was english smocking.

I had several opportunities to each English Smocking later and was careful to give my "students" the total picture, from chosing fabric to completing the finished piece.

I just happen to be one of those persons (people?) that needs to know the whole picture,why we chose this fabric,thread,method....

I haven't had an opportunity to take name brand classes but at this point in my new quilting life am I ready for advanced instructors....still working on basics.