View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 03:40 PM
JADE D

Originally Posted by Annaquilts
I am all for it if people like it and enjoy making quilts that way. I am open. What I do not like is the small fragment of people that are negative to other quilters because of the style modern versus more traditional. That goes both ways. Lets keep positive and supportive of each other even if we do not care for the different style. I think some of the more modern quilts appeal because you can make a quilt for a gift within a week or so. Not everyone has time to make a traditonal master piece. One of the posts refered to utility quilts. My quilts are made to be used. Or atleast most of them. I am learning to make quick pattern quilts so I can make quilts for all those I want to give quilts too. Also some of those recipients might appreciate quilts with a more modern style.
I'm with you especially about making quilts quickly. I just made a Yellow Brick Road for my cousin who is having radiation for breast cancer. Made it and got it off to her in 3 days. If I made a "traditional" quilt she'd be finished with her treatments before I finished the quilt.