Old 06-12-2009, 06:42 PM
butterflywing

there is a quilt show this weekend in new jersey put on by the new jersey quilters guild. they were selling that fabric there, so it's still current. it was $8.95 yd.

BTW, although there were only a few interesting and/or creative pieces at the show, this was the most (yawn) sleep-inducing show i've seen in a long, long time. the best quilts were the ones made by the venders to sell their kits and templates. even the new york beauty types had the points fused and machine appliqued on. by the way, a lot of the NY beauties. and a lot of fused applique. only four - five needle turn. but nothing outstanding. i didn't even take pics. not one baltimore album type AT ALL.

there were only 36 venders where there used to be 75+, and i would guess, 1/3 the number of entries. worst of all, you could even find a close parking space. that's a bad sign. this show was held in a huge convention center, and they can't have made money. i hope that this doesn't mean the demise of quilt shows in new jersey. they were just picking up speed. i blame the economy.