Thread: Fabric stashes
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 07:56 PM
Havplenty

i use to have a mini fabric/notion store in my home from years of working in fabric stores and having a sewing business. but after a divorce and having to move, I give away most of that fabric, much i had never used or didn't remember i had purchased and i stopped buying unnecessarily.

my priorities have changed and now i would rather being lying on a tropical island somewhere or go whale watching or trek through the rain forest & see brightly colored frogs before they disappear or go diving or see the outback or go to the fiji isles rather than accumulate fabric i will never use.

with that said i have about eight 35 gallon tubs of fabric (some left over from years ago) and four 20 gallon tubs of quilting stuff that i am currently working on completing for family and friends and also charity quilts. i gave all of the craft items (at least two 35 gallon tubs)away to some teachers and donated tubs of fabric to church and a few organizations. i would rather someone use it instead of my family having to sell it at an estate sale.