Thread: Fabric stashes
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Jennie and Me

Way too much as I finally decided Thursday night. I have fabric in boxes in my quilting room(under the 14ft. long arm). Hoards of fat quarters that I just can't part with. And then I have a little(maybe 8x10 room that houses my sewing machine, more fabric...some in bags, some in plastic totes and boxes, some just folded and laying there for me to pet, some in the process of getting made into a quilt. Again..AND, across the hall in another bedroom, I have more fabric.
However, getting back to Thursday night, we had this horrid storm come through. Kitchen outer window broken from the hail, water pouring in windows. Hubby and I were standing here in the computer room looking at the water pouring in the North window and I felt water dripping on me from the ceiling. I looked up in amazement thinking, "How the heck can that be..my sewing room is above this one!" Hurried upstairs and the North window in my little sewing room had been smashed by hail. Water was pouring in along with hail, leaves and all kinds of debris. How I kept from stepping on broken glass I'll never know. The said debris and hail was in the hallway and the bedroom across the hall too. We managed to get a piece of cardboard over the window and as soom as that storm passed, our neighbor and a couple of other guys came over with a loader and managed to get plywood over the window. Another storm followed right after. It was horrid. In all my 66 years on this earth, I have never seen a storm like that one and I hope to never see another one.
I now have fabric laid out all over drying. I've had to throw alot of "stuff" away as it just couldn't be saved. The only good thing that came out of this is that I found alot of things that I had forgotten that I had and I've made a vow to get my stash under control. Sometimes too much of a stash is just that...too much. I will be doing my fabric shopping in my own house for quite awhile.