Old 08-21-2011, 03:14 AM
SUZAG

I used to think I had a large stash but after joining in with you professionals, mine looks puny (4 lg. tubs). Most of mine are from the thrift stores. I have slowed down a lot since I had the realization that my daughter has no interest in sewing and I have no one to leave it to. My stash will probably hit the dumpster since no one understands it. Hopefully it will at least get donated to a good cause (I'd better designate in my will). I've got enough now to last for the rest of my life although if I am making something like a baby quilt, I do need to go out and find novelty fabrics.

I stock up with sales and try to keep a loaded (everything falls out) pantry. Wish I had more freezer space. I start to panic if the stash gets low but if I run short on money, we can always eat. We usually "fight" over the leftovers to see who can grab them first.

I grow a very small garden, just enough for summertime eating. I used to can but do not have the storage space anymore. I do freeze a few veggies if we can't eat the entire harvest.