View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 05:21 AM
romanojg

I've only finished one quilt from a class and it was a techniques class. Each block was doing a different technique and it was quilt as you go; so when it was put together it was done. I learned how to use my basic machine to do so many different things. I take a BOM; I have actually taken 3 from this one teacher and I love it. It's civil war and she actually lectures each month so you relearn things you learned in school about the war but she really does teach you things. She asked and listened to what we wanted so here is what I have been taught from her BOM; first of all I have learned how to get the triangles right; rather it's just triangles or HST or flying geese and how to applique; back basting, needle turn and also reverse applique and to hand piece blocks and how to ink blocks. She has taught us about different reproduction fabrics and how needles and thread really count when trying to make a block turn out the right size and hold up. She is in the store every Friday so if we have any questions we can go and she gives us additional instructions; it doesn't matter if our needs have anything to do with her class or not. She's great and so it the store she teaches at.

Oh and I've also taken the world renoun Libby Lehman that was great and I've taken a class with Mary Lou Mcdonald from the Baltimore Album and Normal Cambell; she has a lot of great quilts and patterns. I enjoy taking classes and will like it more when I get some of my many projects done. Working on it