View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Charming

I know what you mean about the touch but some Joann's store have beautiful fabrics. I most of the time buy their premium fabrics and Legacy Studio, and noticed recently they carry a lot of Robert Kaufman, VIP...etc and all the good names, but again our store is a super store, maybe at other places they are short in inventory. There is also a different Joann's that is 30 min away from me (thank God) that carries HUGE inventory and you just want to keep petting every pc of fabric they have so really it all depends.IMHO:)
Originally Posted by Sunnie
After reading all the posts about fabric costs at LQSs I thought I would share my most recent experience. On my last visit to my LQS in Ephrata PA I didn't notice that the cost of yardage had gone up very much. I was on a mission to find some "butterscotch" color for an upcoming project. Now I'm not one to pay particular attention to costs when I need something special, but I was pleasantly surprised to find that one piece was $6.95 and the other was $7.20. Both fabrics are Benartex and feel like silk.

I was at JoAnn's last week to use my coupon on some batting and checked their fabrics...

If I hadn't spent all my birthday cash I would be back at my favorite LQS to stock up.