Old 08-21-2011, 09:35 AM
M.I.Late

I am working on this baby quilt for my sons friend. She is a graduate from LSU and is a huge Tigers fan. She and her husband are expecting their first child "Elle" in about four weeks. Her last day at work however, is two weeks.

I made the center panel and intended to surround it with pinwheels. I had planned to have plain white strips to highlight the quilting between the center and the pinwheels, but the pinwheels fit so perfectly here, I went ahead and attached them. Here's where the problem starts...

I attached them to the top and bottom. Love the way that looks and took it from square to rectangular which I wanted to accomplish somewhere as I progressed. But, I don't like it with the pinwheels down the side - it's now looking way to busy to me and it would return it to square.

I think I'd like to do something different now around the whole thing, then add the remaining pinwheels in a more staggered way. I think some purple/gold floral in there somewhere might even be nice. I can also add some embroidery in there somewhere. My question is this:

What would you do next?????

Pinwheels just on top and bottom
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244726[/ATTACH]

Pinwheels on sides...???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]244727[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-244720.jpe   attachment-244721.jpe