Thread: Get Rid of Boi
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 05:37 AM
tlrnhi

Originally Posted by Loretta
It seems like if a pet is a companion it helps with the emotional needs of the owner. Right?
Yes, it does.
I met a lady in Hawaii that traveled all over with these 2 cute little dogs. They were her companions as she had severe depression....yes, she about told me her life story. lol Anyway....she showed me the paperwork that deemed her 2 little dogs as Service Dogs.
I know that landlords cannot refuse renting to a "handicapped" person with a service dog. My sister in law had a seeing eye dog...long story short as to why she doesn't have it anymore....The dog DID the job it was supposed to do, but she wanted to also be a puppy, so they had to send her back....was sad.
Anyway...SIL was told by this man who was renting a house, no pets....SIL said it wasn't a pet, it was Service Animal. Man said didn't matter....and he refused to rent to her even tho the state was paying part of the rent because of subsidiary whatever they call it. Well, after my SIL got done with the Powers That Be...the man no longer rents his "death traps" out,,,,State of Kansas said it was ILLEGAL for him to NOT rent to anyone with a service dog and it's pretty much US wide and is part of the Disability Act stuff...