Thread: Just curious...
View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 06:57 AM
OHSue

There are five shelves of the freebies, always pretty full. They use the second half of the bundle FQ or second FQ from a half yard cut when a customer has one cut, so the choice is the same fabrics that are in the store on bolts. I have never had trouble finding a FQ I like. If you see a bundle you like but don't like one of the colors, they will take it out and cut you another of your choice at no extra costs. The bundles are priced the same as the FQ.
I don't specifically go for just half yard to get a FQ, but no one seems to mind if the purchase is small. They also overcut all their fabrics, so no shorts on the folded FQ. I was once purchasing about a dozen 6 inch strips for a project, and my sales person even said, well lets make sure to get you more than the six inches so you can be sure to get your two strips out of each. They also have a generous coupon program, at least monthly, and daily in december, give you big discount week of your birthday, but when I missed that week, they were nice enough to give me the discount on my next purchase which was pretty large.
FYI, my shop is in Columbus, OH and it is called Quilt Beginnings. They also have excellent teachers and staff.