View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 03:07 PM
milp04

Originally Posted by scisyb220
My DD & DSIL were given a hand pieced quilt when they got married 6 years ago. She just moved in with us for a few weeks before moving down to PA where her hubby has a new job. The quilting stitching has come undone in several places--the thread is loose & broken--and in feeling the quilt, it doesn't feel like there is any batting in it. My question is, how can I "fix" or repair it? I do not have a LA or access to one, so it would have to be done on my DSM, if I could do it. Anything you suggest about the lack of batting?
I know you folks are so wonderful with ideas and knowledge, so thanks for all your help.
If the quilt you have does not have batting it is probably not missing. There are some that have been made without and they are called coverlets. These most probably were made to be used during summer months.

As far as repairing, I would try to find similar colored matching thread. It would be best to try to find someone who could make the repairs by hand and not by machine. You might try your local quilting clubs to see if anyone would be willing to take on the project for your.

Good luck. Please keep us updated.

Pam M
Ohio