View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 07:17 AM
omak

Well, apologies all around, since my "I figure about an hour more" turned into another day... Bummer!
It looks as though you all had an informative night, however, so all was not lost.
I have a calendar for my cattle ... the formula is: If the cow gets bred on this day, she will calve on x-day, give or take ten days ... that is a twenty day variable ... this literally becomes an "ONLY GOD KNOWS" type wait, which you are all sleepily aware of.
But, you are good watchers. Patches is in good hands <g>.
I am off to get ready for another eight hours at the quilt show. I am helping in a QOV booth - - Operation 1161. Sage Country QUilters' Guild has decided that they are going to present every member of our local National Guard Unity a quilt when they return from Iraq. As a member of the American Legion Auxiliary, my job is to encourage the project. Our goal is 200 quilts completed by February. With that many quilts, each troop will have a good amount to make her/his choice from. What is left will be divided between Liver Lodge (one of two in the USA) and the Wounded Warrior Battalion (one of two in the whole USA). A pretty progressive project, to say the least.
I made buttons that say, "Operation 1161" as a fund raiser/advertisement tool ... I am thoroughly loving my new button maker kit from Badg-a-minit company.
Have a good day, all.
Sorry that I got your hopes all up, only to have them dashed in a slow, painful process <g>. I will try to control myself tonight. LOL