View Single Post
Old 06-13-2009, 07:40 AM
omak

Originally Posted by k3n
I'm back - been to watch Joey's last football tournament of the season - they won two and lost one so a good result! It was HOT though! STILL no baby! I don't believe it - one of the other dads asked me - 'has that horse had it's foal yet?' mare stare has taken over the world!
Oh, joy! LOL ... I was so sure I was going to see a foal this morning ... poor Miss Kay ... she is hoping, hoping, hoping ...
I empathize with her concern of all the things that can go wrong. It doesn't matter how many babies these animals have, the next one is always a headache ... did I use the right semen, is the baby too big, is it in the right position, will I know when it is time to step in, will it survive to adult hood? All the things we go through with our own babies, horse/cow owners with breeding stock (the good ones) go through with each new foal/calf.
If one ever gets so immune to this part of life and living that he/she doesn't care if a new one lives or dies, a large part of their humanity disappears. ALL of life is valuable ... even a little kitten. LIfe is a positive thing ... and being interested in how it gets here and that it gets here safely, makes us more a part of the BIG PLAN than we can fully appreciate.