Old 08-21-2011, 05:04 PM
barnbum

Originally Posted by mhansen6
That is a great thought, but what if it is your family that causes all the drama? There is no walking away from that.
Yup--there is. In the past few years, it's been one joy-stealing situation after another with my family. We, this includes hubby and my kids, do not have anything to do with my sister-in-laws. They turned nasty to me--no idea why-they have no explanation--and no one over here is putting up with them.

Then my mother-in-law pulled a horrible thing with my daughter...so my daughter and I do not have anything to do with her.

And a few years ago, my father converted to his new wife's religion, which is a bit like a cult, and he told me he'd rather spend time "with his own kind" rather than his daughter. That was a tough one because I've always been a daddy's girl.

And my brother? I've tried with everything I have to get him to want me for a sister, but before she died, my mom said "to be honest, I don't think he's liked you since I brought you home from the hospital."

I do not put up with this nonsense anymore. I choose to get off those rollercoasters. They WILL NOT steal my joy again.

"Friends become your chosen family." And I have a lot of those. :thumbup: