Old 06-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Bill'sBonBon

Originally Posted by CajunQuilter2
Originally Posted by Bill'sBonBon
I'm a loner also. I do belong to a Quilting Guild. A very nice one with wonderful people. But it is hard for me to go on The mondays once of a month because it is at night. Not used to driving on dark roads like we have in Georgia. I MEAN DARK. :shock: Deer run across the roads all the time. No one makes fun of me which is nice. LOL I try to go as many Weds. as I can. The Sit and Sew meetings are every Wed. from 9:00 to 12:00. Sadly I haven't been able to go much for the last few months. I have Neighbors that are quilters. But they are Military and are used to doing and being alone no matter how dark it is and think I am a sissy. Which I don't think I am just cautious. Besides being a lot younger than I am. So that leaves me with me. Which is just fine.
BillsBonBon
Where is Lakeland Ga? Hubby & I just came back home from a year in Marietta GA. He was working there at Dobbins Air Reserve Base. I really loved it there. And we have friends that live in Suwanee so we are in that area 3-4 times a year.

Lake is about 10 min. from Moody Air Force Base. Maybe 15 from Valdosta. I love it here also. But am used to street lights and you don't seem many of those where I am at. We have one in our yard and maybe one other down from me. We are Rural maybe 2 miles from Lakeland but it has grown into a small community in the 3 years we have live here. Lots of home development. I still don't know where a lot of cities are. The first yr. was getting settled it was hard first time being away form DD and GRDkids.2nd yr. was better but still didn't know my way around. 3rd yr sees me doing more outside the home whenever I can. I am a caregiver for my MOM. Wouldn't change it though We are extremly happy.
Next time you come this way Pm me and maybe we can meet.
BillsBonBon