Thread: Fabric stashes
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 05:30 PM
lue

I would have had a different answer to the stash question had you asked on Friday. Yesterday I went to a quilter's stash estate sale (the lady died at 80+ and had some fabric from JCPenny when it sold fabric). The sale had begun on Friday with fabric in bins sorted by color and when my friend went on Friday morning there were TABLES of bins (bins were also owned by the deceased) down the drive way and into the garage. By the time I arrived there were only bins in the garage and they were still full! They said the woman could go to her garage and tell you which bin to look in for which specific fabric. She was a fabric hoarder but actually found time to make quilts!

They sold the fabric (1/2-5 yard pieces) by the pound at $5 per pound but reduced it to $4 per pound since it was the afternoon of the 2nd day. I had set a budget of $20 and when I told her that, she sold me the fabric I had selected for the $20 even though it was supposed to be $56.

I then bought wonderful quilt books that were 10% of the purchase price!!

Wish I could have gone on Friday but I had to work to pay for this stash building habit!!