Old 08-21-2011, 05:48 PM
charity-crafter

Is very time consuming. A couple of local decorators have given our group the fabric samples that are being discontinued. We've received a whole bunch.

They've been sorted, fabrics that are 100% cotton and washable will be used in quilts, the larger more masculine pieces will be made into bags for the QOV's.

What's left are the smaller pieces. We will be doing a fund raiser in Dec, so everyone is taking a bag full of samples home to be "creative" make things that will sale.

Tonight I made a crazy quilt style christmas stocking. It took almost 2 hours to get the 2 sides finished. I don't have them put together yet. I think I'm looking for another project. That took tooo long.

No wonder people go to the dollar store. If I gave that stocking as a present to someone, they woudn't understand how much work went into it....shoot if I hadn't seen the clock I wouldn't have believed it myself. Sillly me, I thought I could whip it out in about 15 minutes.

Fortunately the different brands of fabrics tend to be about the same size, once we cut the paper labels off. I"m going to sew them into bigger pieces of fabric, then figure out what to do with them later.