Old 08-21-2011, 06:50 PM
sew wishful

Originally Posted by miriam
Originally Posted by quiltdoctor
Originally Posted by purplefiend
Originally Posted by BoJangles
Look what I found on Craigslist in Dallas. She asked $50, but when I talked to her, she said she would take $40 because it wasn't a machine you could really sew on. These are before pictures. She needs a good oiling, but I don't think she will need a full kerosene spa treatment.
If this Dallas 100 + degree weather ever goes away, I'll be cleaning machines for weeks.

Texas Jan :-D
Texas Jan that Lotus is going to be a knockout when she is spit shined!

Nancy
Thanks!! I did a spa treatment on her EARLY this morning before it gets to 106 later on. I knew she would clean quickly, but goodness what a lot of gunk came out of the hidden places. Someone so nicely put straight pins down in the arm end. I found them when I took off the face plate. After I cleaned up the oiling places, I found a couple more pins wedged in one of the oiling holes. Really, people what are you thinking??? Or was it unwatched kids??
She will have to air out for a day before I start putting her back together again.

Texas Jan
I bought a Singer 301 that had about a dozen or more straight pins stuck in all the oil holes, so glad I didn't sew with it until I
gave it the spa treatment. :roll:
Sharon W. in central Texas
My goodness!!! That would have ruined it for sure !!

Texas Jan
That just sounds like something a 2 year old might do... I bet he had the time of his life...
I opened the face plate of one of my acquisitions and found drill bits! For heaven's sake! Why would someone do that?? They had to take the plate off in order to put them in. Mischevious, whoever did it!!