Thread: WalMart Woes
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 06:13 AM
patricej
Administrator

Judy Lee wrote "I find that different materials make a difference, as does the quality of material. You'll usually find me at the $1/$2 bins at Wal-Mart, where the composition of the fabric is up for grabs. (The bolt's label often is not what is on the bolt.) Try as I might to come home with 100% cotton, sure as shootin' there'll be a poly/cotton blend in the bunch. I will use it because my "discretionary income" is gone and the nearest fabric store is 20 miles away."

I'm with Judy. If not for WalMart i couldn't afford to make more than one or two quilts per year. Fabric is at least twice as much everywhere else unless you stumble across a miracle-sale somewhere. And in my area, even the sale prices are usually near double or more. Most of the online sale prices are beyond outrageous!!!!! Since I most enjoy making quilts for charity, my heart has been twice broken by the changes.

I don't know if it'll do us any good, but June pointed me toward a petition web site

http://www.petitiononline.com/savefab/petition.html

(21,000+ signatures so far, so I hope it isn't a scam. :shock: )

I rolled the dice and signed. Each of the rest of you Walmart dependent quilters will at least know of the option, then decide whether you want to, also.