View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 01:33 AM
HummerGardenCrafts

Originally Posted by Havplenty
karen there are always new people who join the swaps so your fabrics will be new to someone. i always try to cut at least half new fabrics for each swap. i'm trying not to accumulate a whole new stack of something else so repeat swappers will get some repeats from me. i have made a promise to myself not to purchase anymore new fabrics (just for the sake of purchasing) until i start sewing through some of the stuff i have.

also i do a lot of remnant purchasing up to half yards but a lot of quarter yards for the swaps. it's less expensive that way and after cutting the stamp strips i cut the rest in 2.5" strips so very little waste for me.

i haven't reached the end of my fabrics yet. i have some amy butlers and a coupla michael millers that i cannot bear to cut into yet. maybe next time.

Originally Posted by KarenBarnes
I've actually reached the end of cutting new fabrics! If I do more swaps (which I want to do) I will have to purchase new fabrics so that you all won't have lots of duplicates! Although I think I will have enough of the neutrals so I'm good there!
I tell myself the same thing about not buying fabric until I use some up. It never works for me. I tell you there's always that one person that wants somethine worked up in a fabric I don't have.

I always hit the clearance section at JAnn's. Sometimes I find fq's there for like .79 and up. But not the full price of $1.99

I'm always up for a good bargain!