Old 08-22-2011, 05:30 AM
Jaynie

I didn't work while our children were younger. ONly worked a few years after they were both driving. But all the years that I have spent at home has been a joy. Of course now I work in my studio (sewing, quilting,..etc) everyday. My hubby retired last Nov. and the best thing is just being able to go anywhere at anytime without having to check his work schedule (he worked rotating shift work for 37 yrs). I try to keep a loose schedule of meals, laundry, gardening, cleaning and grandkids time...but don't get too set in a schedule. The fun part is just saying YES to a spur of the moment invite, for lunch, a trip and/or just a visit with friends/relatives, the laundry will still be there when you get back to it.
I belong to a quilt guild and art guild and really make an effort to attend those meetings, and I try to make a couple of donation quilts every year.
And I agree with some other comments about saying "NO". People will tend to try to dump projects and or jobs on you "because she doesn't work", she has time!!!...Well be firm, if your not interested just say no thank you.
We all need to stay healthy so try to do some kind of exercise regularly too. I do at least 15 minutes a day, and 30 minutes some days.(a news report recently said 15 minutes a day can extend your life by 3 yrs...who knew) walking, Wii Fit, etc.
Most of all ENJOY, AND DO WHAT YOU LOVE!!!!!!!