Old 08-22-2011, 05:37 AM
AprilG

Retirement can be all it's cracked up to be. I was at a loss for the first 2 weeks, then, it hit me. I'm free!

Between taking care of the dogs, the retired husband, my share of the chores, quilting and occasional traveling, we keep busy.

There is always mentoring too. Your local grade school would probably love someone to come into the school once a week to help a child that is having trouble reading or doing math.

I volunteer and love it!

Originally Posted by Quilterfay
I will retire in Nov of this year. Currently I am just happy to sit down and read my quilting emails. I have a stressful job and I don't want to do anything after work or on the weekends.
So I am worried about what I will do when I retire. Did you set yourself a schedule so you got other things done.
I always think about quilting but seem to get little of it done. I will quilt like crazy and then I don't for a while. I have a short arm and frame down stairs that I really haven't used much.
I am only 56 so I can't become a blob once I quit working. any suggestions! I am really happy about retiring. I started working at age 17 so I am looking forward to retirement.
Now I have become nervous about what I will do.