Old 08-22-2011, 05:51 AM
Patchesnposies

Originally Posted by kaykwilts
Originally Posted by gloria11
if you get into being a foster parent and then adopt it doesn't cost to adopt. And we have family issues to with a couple of our older ones, I hope and pray that someday we can all be together again without the problems also. And yes its great having a Large family. I always wanted a lot of sisters and brothers growing up. my 2 sibs were a lot older than me, so it was like being raised as an only. so I've always wanted a big family.
Funny you should mention foster care....my husband was talking about it at the dinner table last night....hmmmm......
We have adopted two children internationally from Vietnam and a sib set of three from the NM foster care system and I have to say that both ways are equally rigorous in their standards that have to be met and both ways have their pro's and con's.

Going into fostering with the intent to adopt is a wonderful way to grow your family. IF you go into it knowing that it is a process and the first kid or kids you take in may not be the child(ren) you end up adopting.

You would, however, be supplying a child in desperate need of love and stability, just that for the possibly the first time in his or her life.

My only regret in adopting out of the foster system is that we did not start earlier in our lives. There are so many children in need of a loving family.