Old 08-22-2011, 07:29 AM
lawsonmugs
Power Poster

Originally Posted by candi
Good morning y'all.
First of all, Lori, you are doing a fabulous job keeping us swapping, I know it is very difficult, and you do great.

The suggestions mentioned about being specific about books,Pets and holidays are great, I want to add that maybe one should also mention of they sew (as in clothes) in addition to quilting or not. Your pal may have some sewing patterns they like to send.

All that being said, I think that I really like the questionnaire as is, and I think that many of the people who are, ummm, wordy have already written a book in there( :mrgreen: ) , and many others have left some questions unanswered. So I guess what I am trying to say is that you don't need to wait for the perfect question, for example, your favorite color is purple, but you are collecting reds for a quilt, put that in there just like that, you put in your other hobbies that you like to read, just add what type of books, just be more wordy that is,lol, it does make it so much easier for your pal.
Very well said Candi.The color or style of fabric really helps.Since alot send fabric (bought or from stash) It is great to know what to send. Not just favorie color. Most of my partners were really good about saying what color they need or are wanting. That's not being greedy. Just helping your partner choose.Last year several said they don't celebrate halloween,but do love christmas items. Also I think one said she was jewish.That helped in not sending christian items. Good luck with the remake on the list Lori. Mary