Old 08-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Lori Peercy

I know of a couple of people that go to estate sales and garage sales and have acquired alot of fabric for very little and that is why they are able to give as much fabric as they do. I am on a fixed income as are alot of people on this site. I can not compete with those that send a lot of fabric but this is not a competition and no one should feel bad about the amount they send. We send our love and thoughts along with the items we pack into those squishie or firmie and I think everyone knows that. We also have some swappers on here who used to have a LQS and have stock left over. I know that I have received things that are over the $10 limit but can tell that they are not new just something the sender will not use. I will not be limiting the number of items you can send only the amount of money you can spend, which is $10. Quilters are very creative when it comes to stretching their money.

Originally Posted by twinkie
I agree with the part about filling out the form completely. It leaves a lot to be said when there is only a small amount of information. Also, I have been a SP swap participant for over a year and the only problem I have (and sometimes I am as guilty as others) is 'I have seen some SP packages that have enough material to make a twin size quilt top and items that you could not possible buy for less than $10.' If you were to go to a fabric store you would pay as much as $50 (and more) to buy some of the items in the packages. Some members don't have a large stash and I have seen comments about the packages costing much more than $10. This may be out of line, but what about limiting the items sent to no more than 5, 7, 10 or whatever? I have seen packages where 20 items have been sent and sometimes when I have a limited budget (most times) I feel bad that my package may not look as good. Just my personal thoughts. You do a great job and I want to thank you.