View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 04:54 PM
ckcowl
Power Poster

keep looking --- at some point you will walk into some place and there it will be---your perfect machine- with the perfect price.
i spent 3 years thinking i needed a (new to me) second machine- even my hubby got involved- we would stop at sales- and different places- and see one- some in fabulous cabinets- some portable- different machines- i would oohhh and ahhh- look them over- think seriously- ask questions-ohh and ahh some more and walk away- sometimes hubby would sit in the car and look at me---puzzled- and say- is it not a good deal? you can get it if you want---what ever - i'd just say- no- i don't want it==
not really having a reason- it just wasn't ...the one...
then a couple weeks ago i walked into a neighbors garage- and there- sitting on the floor was a little singer case--i knealt down and opened that case---and there it was!!! the machine i've been waiting for-
i asked---how much?
she got on the phone---a couple minutes later she said..."would you pay $20 for it?" !!! OMG!!! my hubby was pulling money out of his pocket so fast!
it is in great shape- was well taken care of- all i did was give it a dusting- and oiling- and was sewing with it 1/2 an hour after getting it home- (had to get on line and download the manual- so i could wind the bobbin)
i am so...happy with it! the best $20 i've ever spent --- and would have paid 10 times that!

so, i say---wait- the right machine will come to you - in your price range(or better) when the time is right :)