Old 08-22-2011, 06:01 PM
chris_quilts

Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by quilt addict
Many new converts to Vintage Machine Rescue addiction, oops I meant collecting. ;-)
There is a new TV show starting tonight called "My Collection Obsession" . It is on TLC channel at 10:00pm eastern time. It will be interesting to see what types of things that people collect. I saw a preview and one guy collects vacuum cleaners :-D .
Watched it -pretty cool. There was a lady who collected shoe paraphenalia (sp?) and had over 1500 or 15000. Can't remember the number now. She had unrealistic expectations of her collections value. The vacuum cleaner collector was a 16 yr old boy which was interesting. The 3rd collector was a lady who collected dolls. Some creepy looking and some lifelike which frankly were just as creepy as the horror dolls. Her DH said she just a strong maternal drive and he was happy when she was obsessing and colelcting dolls cuz she then left him alone. She also had a lifelike baby doll who breathed - her ultimate collectible. I thought she was strange. Dolly Parton collectors were strange but in an okay way - kind of obsessed with her but not in a creepy stalker way. Of course, I suspect some of us might fit that category (strange - ok maybe it's just me) on this board but I'm happy with my collection/obsession as I assume so are many othrs on here. Happy hunting and collecting and they do find us. ~ Chris