Old 08-22-2011, 06:15 PM
deplaylady

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
Originally Posted by cabbagepatchkid
Originally Posted by quilt addict
Many new converts to Vintage Machine Rescue addiction, oops I meant collecting. ;-)
There is a new TV show starting tonight called "My Collection Obsession" . It is on TLC channel at 10:00pm eastern time. It will be interesting to see what types of things that people collect. I saw a preview and one guy collects vacuum cleaners :-D .
Watched it -pretty cool. There was a lady who collected shoe paraphenalia (sp?) and had over 1500 or 15000. Can't remember the number now. The vacuum cleaner collector was a 16 yr old boy which was interesting. The 3rd collector was a lady who collected dolls. Some creepy looking and some lifelike which frankly were just as creepy as the horror dolls. Her DH said she just a strong maternal drive and he was happy when she was obsessing and colelcting dolls cuz she then left him alone. She also had a lifelike baby doll who breathed - her ultimate collectible. I thought she was strange. Of course, I suspect some of us might fit that category on this board but I'm happy with my collection/obsession as I assume so are many othrs on here. Happy hunting and collecting and they do find us. ~ Chris
The vacuum cleaner kid was the best - plus he earns money making repairs on the side. The doll lady (and her dolls) was creepy, the shoe lady was living in an alternate reality and the Dolly guys were really obsessed - they picked up and moved to be close to Dollywood? Wow! I wonder what other collections they might have on the show in the future.