Old 08-22-2011, 06:46 PM
SharBear

I took to heart the post about keeping things positive but right now ... not feeling it.

Day started with my adorable dog (retired Grayhound racer that we rescued) brining me 1 - 2 - 3 -4!! voles. He found a nest. The vole is the vegetarian cousin of the mole. These buggers have eaten EVERY one of my bulbs - including my alium which cost me $6 PER bulb.

Finally take care of all of that mess and off to work I go. It's the last week of summer vacation for the cherubs so there's no camps open - I have a sitter here. When I get home my son announces that his ear is KILLING him - he's a little dramatic so I try to see if things will clear up on their own. Next thing I know he's running a temp so now we have to go to the walk in. FOUR hours later I finally get everyone home and tucked into bed. 10pm.

I have some work to do before a meeting tomorrow but before I do that I want to throw a load of laundry in - a load a day keeps chaos away (thanks, Flylady). My basement is FLOODED. Apparently someone left water running ALL DAY!

Now, I get to use the shop vac and vacuum water up and haul it to the garden (why waste the water - may as well make sure the D#$M voles have something to eat over the next few weeks!!!).

Did I mention that DH left on business travel tonight?

Never fails. I swear he puts a hex on this house when he leaves - these things NEVER happen to him if I have to go out of town!!!

ok. going to deal with water and just breath. in; out; in; out ...