Thread: RV living......
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:51 PM
Ellen

We have a tagalong (35') with one long glide out that we full-timed in for 3 yrs. I sewed. After DH retired again, we reverse snowbirded for 6 months each year for 5 yrs. I sewed. We go visiting periodically now and taking the trailer of course and I sew. I bring my FW, fabric, lots of stash etc. and store it under bed. Oval floor quilting frame is under the couch. I sew on the dining table and use either friends, family or campground floors to baste them. I don't quilt on my FW, I used to tie them in RV. Now I wait till I get home to finish them but I get there with plenty of WIPs unless I hand quilt one.
You might look into getting Good Sam's Road Assistance Ins. It's worth it's weight in gold.
A word tho about visiting your kids....kids want to take you out to eat and then expect dear old Dad to haul out his plastic....it will blow your monthly food budget in one night. LOL
With a tagalong you can park it in a campground and get your vehicle fixed instead of having to go to a motel and restaurant if your Motor Home has to get towed in.
It's a wonderful life....We would have been on the road now if I hadn't broken my back in Feb. but I'm ready to go now. Jacksonville is having their quiltshow in Sept and I'm going to be there.