Thread: Manners?
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 05:41 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by hobo2000
Times really are changing in a weird way. I am a little old grey haired lady who most people hold the door for me ,etc,etc. However, recently, due to a neurological problem, I have been using a cane. Suddenly, I have disappeared. Doors literally slam in my face. People rush past me nearly knocking me over. Yet, when I go without my cane, on my good days, the doors are held for me. What's up with this? I don't like what this portends!
This is where parents could really teach thier kids manners. If my kids saw you they'd offer to help; rather it was open the door or I've seen them go up and help elderly or handicap people load their groceries in thier cars, etc. I told them; one day that will be you and what goes around comes around and don't ever think it won't. My youngest is 22 and it's great to see them all helping others and even better when I see them teaching my grandkids the same way. God bless you and I hope you have more better days than bad days. I have back issues and it takes alot for me to use the handicap parking especially in a packed lot because I feel someone else will be worse off than I am and I know if I can hold onto a cart I'll be ok; I also never use any of the few scooters some of the stores have.