View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 09:28 AM
crashnquilt

Yes, I will admit I am an addicted quilter because:

I send my husband out on fishing trips so I can have ALONE time with my sewing machine.

When he comes home with fish I grab tracing paper to trace the scale pattern for a quilting project.

When I tell my husband we can't get a loan for a big screen TV because we're still paying off ONE of my sewing machines. (My 13inch tv still works!)

When I tell my husband HE has to fix the car instead of taking it to a mechanic because this coming weekend is a quilt shop hop weekend!

When I tell my daughter I need to fix her jeans and return them too her covered in colorful patches and embroidery. (Yep, I've done that!)

When my husband bought me a bouquet of "FAT QUARTER FLOWERS" for our anniversary.

When my husband plans a trip to BASS PRO SHOPS and gives me the car keys and credit card and says, "Have fun!" He knows he won't be disturbed for AT LEAST 4 hours!

My idea of "lunch with the girls" consists of a balogna sandwich while shopping at the quilt shop.

My idea of dinner and a movie is Kentucky Fried Chicken in front of the TV watching quilting/sewing videos.

So, yes I am addicted to sewing/quilting. I look at it this way, I am a reformed alcoholic (sober 24 years) and I NEED something to spend the extra income on!

If you think that ANY of the above is true, you would be mistaken....ALL OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE AND HAS BEEN DONE BY ME PERSONALLY!