Old 08-23-2011, 09:03 AM
LyndaOH

I've had a number of inquiries about my avatar, so I thought I would post a full size photo here, along with the story.

Sylvia's Bridal Sampler is a quilt made by the characters in a novel, The Master Quilter, the sixth in the Elm Creek Quilts series by Jennifer Chiaverini. Soon after the novel was published quilters around the world began making their own versions. Jennifer ultimately published a pattern book with all 140 6" blocks in it. I coordinate a BOW group for her - for more info visit her website - www.sylviasbridalsampler.com. We'd love to have you along for the ride. It's a fun group - no pressure.

My quilt was a labor of love for me; I named it Sylvia & Louise. I started the quilt shortly after my mother, Louise, passed away way too young. Working on the blocks over the next year got me through my grief. Although my mother was not a quilter, she and her mom were both needleworkers, and she was proud of my accomplishments as a quilter. I'm so thankful that the second quilt I made was for her and my dad. Held together by thread and tears, my SBS will always bring me warm thoughts of Mom and loving memories.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-245785.jpe