View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad
Originally Posted by Rhonda
Originally Posted by cjaye44
You do magic things with your HST designs :thumbup:
LOL Thank you! I've never heard that before! LOL It is really my EQ5 that allows me to play with color and placement and turning the blocks. I love designing! It is soooo much fun!
Rhonda-spent way too much time last night working on minature designs in my EQ program!! Now to sew them all up. It's so rewarding to be able to pick colors (values of dark and light) and if you don't like it, delete it. But if you really like it for goodness sake, save it, cuz you quickly forget what you have done. At least that's what I do!
Oh yeah Gladie it is def fun to be able to do so much changing so quickly and easily and to try out so many ideas without having to do them up in fabric to see those ideas.

I am ecstatic right now!!! I just figured out how to use my EQ to figure the yardage for doing quilt blocks with my cut down method!!! I am so excited that it works so well! It was one of those duh moments! LOL

My problem was that to use the cut down you start with swatches not the actual block. so I needed a bigger piece of fabric than the usual yardage shows. It just hit me this morning!
I was doing it on paper figuring out the size of swatch I needed when I suddenly realized I could put the actual swatches into a quilt block in place of the design and then the yardage would reflect the true yardage needed to make a quilt block with the cut down method. I'm so over the moon because I hate hate trying to figure out yardage. If I can do it on the EQ then I feel safe that I am not going to shortchange anyone on the pattern.