Thread: My HST Designs
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 09:26 AM
oksewglad
Power Poster

[/quote]

Oh yeah Gladie it is def fun to be able to do so much changing so quickly and easily and to try out so many ideas without having to do them up in fabric to see those ideas.

I am ecstatic right now!!! I just figured out how to use my EQ to figure the yardage for doing quilt blocks with my cut down method!!! I am so excited that it works so well! It was one of those duh moments! LOL

My problem was that to use the cut down you start with swatches not the actual block. so I needed a bigger piece of fabric than the usual yardage shows. It just hit me this morning!
I was doing it on paper figuring out the size of swatch I needed when I suddenly realized I could put the actual swatches into a quilt block in place of the design and then the yardage would reflect the true yardage needed to make a quilt block with the cut down method. I'm so over the moon because I hate hate trying to figure out yardage. If I can do it on the EQ then I feel safe that I am not going to shortchange anyone on the pattern.[/quote]

Figuring how much fabric is always a bugger. I have my calculator at hand all the time.