Old 08-23-2011, 10:41 AM
Zhillslady
Banned

I only chime in cause this is how my weekly group started 3 years ago and they still come. Just a few words of caution. The church made the announcement and what started as 3 women became 8. The problems I encountered the first year were - women with no sewing machines but still came expecting me to provide one. Women who had never used a machine so much of the first few months most of my time each meeting was devoted to that. Women who assumed I would supply fabrics, tools, mats, cutters, etc. Women who assumed if their machine broke I could repair it. And the ones that tried and didn't like it so my donated fabric was either wasted or I had to finish it. Don't misunderstand I loved the group which is why 3 years later they still meet one night a week in my home. However first starting out many women assumed a lot and the pastor did not want to discourage them as well as the fact that I have a hard time saying no so the group costs me a considerable amount of money donating fabrics, buying extra cutters and mats and even purchasing one a inexpensive sewing machine which she used twice in group and never came back or returned.