Old 08-23-2011, 12:05 PM
ashgrover

I have spent over almost all day just cutting the blocks out from a Christmas fabric and a Holiday one of Maxine. The one fabric had all sizes of black out lined boxes. It should have been easy to cut out leaving a quarter inch for seam, the patterns weren't printed straight and so had to use the inside of the block to get it straight. The other one were bigger blocks so was a little easier to cut out and adjust.
I pulled, starched, iorned and every thing and fill when you pay over $10.00 a yard for fabric that it shouldn't be that far off. Also the one wasn't printed where you could have the yardage cut with out cutting into the blocks so had to buy extra to allow for all that waste on the top and bottom because the block designs were cut through. I wish that the designers would go buy a cut of their fabric and try and fussy cut it out them selves and maybe they would get the fabric mills to do a better job of printing their fabric or they would design it better. I have added that designer to my do not buy list. So going to take an asprin LOL and and figure out how to do the Twist and Turn blocks as the one set I have 21 blocks and no two are the same size. LOL