Old 08-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Little RoO

I have only had my Janome 6600P about a month...I bought it second hand from a dealer for $825 ( £500) which I thought was good...it came with the large table and had all accessories and manual. The only thing that was wrong with it was that it had a couple of very small but deep scratches on the edges from being put in a cabinet....I have touched those up and unless you inspect it really close you would think it new. Apparently they do chip easily
Before that I had a Husqvarna Designer 1 which is great for dressmaking and embroidery but wasn't brilliant for FMQ. I then bought a Pfaff Select 3 which has the IDT and is great for patchworking and FMQ but is very basic...but when I saw the Janome for sale at that price...I had to buy it...and I am so glad I did...it is so quiet, and sews very smoothly....however I have had a learning curve with it...finding the exact needle postion for a 1/4 inch seam and making sure the thread doesn't come out of the needle.
I thought it was going to be amazing from day one but in truth it has taken a bit of getting used to but I am liking it more every day....certainly don't regret buying it....have to now decide which of my other machines I will sell to help fund it...decisions...decisions