Old 08-23-2011, 01:54 PM
ashgrover

Originally Posted by ckcowl
it is not the designers fault when a manufacturer does not create the line straight!
and different markets have different quality measures- that's why some lines are so much less expensive in some markets and more in others-
it has nothing to do with the designer
and some shops sell (block printed fabrics) as panals- and cut accordingly- others do not care- and will cut right through a block--or charge extra- also not the designer's fault- it was designed to be purchased with each square whole- that part is directly the shops fault
again nothing to do with the designer
Sorry I wasn't more clear about the fabric, the one fabric had the blocks of designs printed so there was no way you could cut it straight across with out cutting through several blocks all in differnt areas of some of the blocks. It wasn't a panel but yardage fabric and had the different sized printed design blocks. You couldn't even use it as a whole piece because with the straight end cuts went through several blocks at different places. The person at the fabric shop complained about it to that to get all the designs I had to get extra fabric.. The other piece of fbric was able to be cut so the cut could go straight across with out cutting into the designs and get a whole pattern repeat, the designs were not printed on the fabric straight on that piece which would have been the mills doing. The other blocks were 6x6, 8x6,7x5.50 etc so there were a lot of different sizes on a colored back ground and I wanted one of all the designs. hard to explaine with out being more specfic as to the designs.I don't know if designers just send the seperate designs and then the mills put them all on a fabric or the designer has a say in how what and how they are placed on the back ground fabric. It wasn't square blocks or panel fabric.
I just fill that when I pay for a good designer fabric it shouldn't have been like it was, it had nothing to do with the way the shop cut it they did the best they could and even pointed it out that if I wanted all the designs on the fabric some were going to be cut through and she worked to be sure I got the full set like I wanted. Maybe we need to let the designers know what the fabric mill is doing to their fabric. There is a web address of the designer on the salvage I will write and let them know.