Thread: EARTHQUAKE
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:46 PM
LindaM49

Originally Posted by barbo117
Felt strong earth quake in south eastern Pennsylvania. Every one here very nervous as we have an atomic power plant 3 miles away. Tv, dishes and lights all rattled and swayed. Couldn't believe that it was happening. All major cities including Baltimore, 35 miles away, are evacuating high rise buildings due to fear of aftershocks. Hope everyone is ok.
I'm in northern York County and I was sitting outside at our pool reading. At first the chair started shaking and I'm looking around to see if the wind started blowing really hard. No wind...so continued reading and a few seconds later everything was shaking. The water in our pool was sloshing from side to the other...immediately knew it was an earthquake. There have been several earthquakes about 10 mile from us...minor ones...in the past couple of years. So I thought it happened there...called a friend and when she said around Richmond, VA I thought...OMG.

Called my hubby at work about 8 miles away and he said he didn't feel it but others there said they did. Called my son who does landscaping and he said 3 of them were working about 12 miles from me and none of them felt it either. Strange since my friend's daughter works in that area in a high rise office building and said the building was shaking.