View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 02:53 PM
pab58

Originally Posted by Cuilteanna
I have spent a LOT of time recently trying to discover an easy way to make a miniature facsimile of AOTH. ("Lazy" should really be my first name, I've no motivation to do anything lately.) As there is NO chance of my making a full sized one - I'm much too far behind to ever catch up - I decided that a mini would be far easier to complete.

This is my first test stitchout of the 16 centre blocks. Each block measures about 2.25”, the entire section is 9.5” so if I stay with these measurements the entire quilt should be pillow-sized. I’ve discovered several corrections that I need to make, plus I’m waiting for more colours of fluorescent thread to arrive from the UK (hopefully in the next few weeks). They don't show up as brightly in the photograph as they do in person, but this one was stitched in fluorescent orange, green and yellow (the only colours I had on hand) and will probably do for a tote bag of some sort.

I think it's nap time now.
LAZY???!!!!! You call THAT lazy!!!????? :shock: :shock: :shock: OMGoodness!!!! That is beautiful!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: