Old 08-23-2011, 04:19 PM
GailG

Originally Posted by Quiltinelaine
Happy Birthday and r you the lucky lady to live next store to your Mom::: Ohh I miss my Mom sooo much and would love to sit and have a cup of coffee w/her. I do have many memories of our sewing together and that is a Blessing. Be so happy that you can be together: God Bless.
I am happy and DO feel so blessed. My mom is almost 94. Actually when I began sewing, it took a load off of her. The sister just after me also sewed, so the only one she had to sew for was the tiny sister. (There was a ten year gap between the first two and the last two). Then I began to help with the sewing for the last sister. I remember many a Saturday afternoon helping her to finish a dress for her to wear that night. Those were the days!

We had a great laugh together yesterday. (She still has a great sense of humor) When I was leaving, she said, "Now go and get some rest so you can do something fun for your birthday tomorrow." I said, "Well, you almost missed it, it's today." She was so surprised! She remarked, "I thought something was familiar with today's Mass readings. I knew you were born on the feast of the Queenship of Mary." So once we had a good laugh about "getting old" she checked her calendar to see if I was right. :wink: