Old 08-23-2011, 04:57 PM
QuiltingGrannie
Banned

Originally Posted by tdvxh
I made a wall hanging for my step-daughter and her husband about 5 years ago. I have never seen it since. I had their names on it so they can't gift it to someone else. I often wonder where it is but don't want to ask. Needless to say, they won't get another one.
I'm with you on this one. I made my DD and her DH a wall hanging for Christmas two years ago. Saw it only folded up on an end table covered with other 'stuff' Then one day it was gone. I looked for it - hoping! Then I found it----- on a table with lots of other stuff, in their yard sale!
I had also made them a large casserole dish carrier complete with an insert for a large spoon. I figured they would use it since they attend a lot of pot lucks at their church. Last week I was at DD's mil's with the kids and others for a dinner. DD mil mentioned she couldn't find her casserole dish carrier. DD asked if it was blue, because she had a blue one at her house and didn't know where it came from! EXCUSE ME?????? Needless to say when my son in law tells me they don't have a quilt from me yet (and he has a couple of times) I just tell him that they haven't given me their colors yet. And so far they haven't given me their colors, nor pattern.