Thread: Black Fairy????
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 07:10 PM
Sierra

Originally Posted by KennedyClan
I am making quilts for grandkids and need some help from this board. One of my granddaughters is adopted--African-American. She's two and loves princess, fairy, girlie stuff. I don't make quilts that are too juvenile because I will probably only get to make one quilt for them, so I've avoided juvenile, Disney, etc. Sooo...I am wondering if anyone has seen any fabric that's quilt-quality material with a princess or fairy who is a princess/fairy of color??
aaaaaaghhhhh A couple of months ago I finally gave up beautiful little fairies who were blond, brown haired, brown skin, and black hair (Asian) and Black....and made it into two baby (or doll) quilts (about 24x30") and gave them to St. Vincents to give away.

If I wasn't so electronically challenged I'd send you a picture of it and maybe someone would know where to get it. I bought it years ago and didn't use it before my mixed blood grandchildren got too old.

Someone out there should know of some material! Come on, gals (and guys) ... help out!