Old 06-14-2009, 06:36 PM
Mousie
Power Poster

Originally Posted by amma
I have watched her tv show, you will use almost twice as much fabric with this method. All of the fabrics are cut twice as wide, folded in half and placed on the top. She also uses the sticky batting to hold the pieces in place until they are sewn. You could use the fusible batting and tack the pieces in place with an iron, also. The backing is cut 2 inches wider than the quilt and wrapped around to the front, and you have a built in quilt hanging sleeve. It may not be easy to hand quilt with double layers of fabric on the quilt top...don't know for sure, I don't hand quilt.
You may be able to adapt this design to using less fabric by cutting your strips a half inch wider and folding under a 1/2 inch along the exposed edge of each strip... :wink:
wow, I am not into using twice the fabric! :shock:
I'll use some of the info, and try fun and done. Maybe that's why the reviewer wasn't crazy about it. pretty pictures, but they are all d.d. stuff.
btw, Cindy Casciato has a book...I have it, too. Think it's called,
Big Block Explosion...that's it, and it is one of my favorites of all time.
If you like big prints, and big blocks, that is. It will be great, when I want to get one done, faster. (I won't say fast...I don't think I know, fast.) :wink: