Thread: sleep apnea
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 05:28 AM
dlbrandt

Originally Posted by Greenheron
I use a CPAP. Took very little time to be accustomed to it and the benefits are life-saving. Plus, no one sees you rigged outside the bedroom.

I was so sleep deprived before I could be in bed all night, have breakfast, make my bed, lay on top "for a minute" and be there until lunch (summer, of course). I had to get DH to be sure I got up in time for work. Ha, ha, my GP diagnosed 'depression' and medicated for same which only made me sleepier. Finally, my visiting son observed my breathing stops when I went to sleep watching a movie with him, "Mom, you've got apnea." The CPAP was and is like getting my life back.

Local man retired from a job he loved because of constant fatigue--thought he was getting too old. He was later diagnosed with apnea, got his CPAP, and returned to his old, energetic self.

It helps to have a sense of humor.
I just got CPAP yesterday. I feel like a new person after one night. Just have to get used to it a little. I was so tired ALL the time and my BF said that I snored like a freight train whether on my back or side.
As far as the sense of humor, I told my BF that Halloween was coming. So I make those "breathing noises" like in the horror movies.
Hopefully now, I will have more energy to get things done after work. Good luck, it will help!!! :thumbup: :D 8-)